A person with a disability who volunteers and assists others with a particular goal a person sets for themselves.
What is a Peer Mentor?
Examples of what Peer Mentors have helped with
- Increase socialization
- Build self-esteem
- Relate to someone about similar situations
- Study for driver’s permit test
- ANYTHING… there are countless things people need assistance with
- Passionate about independence
- Identify as having a disability yourself
- Be dependable
- Complete a brief training
Who do mentors get matched with?
They get matched with people who want to work on something that the mentors has expressed interest in helping with.
Want to get involved?
If you would like to be a peer mentor, please call us at (800) 450-0459 and we will connect you with our Peer Mentor Specialist
Where can you be a mentor?
21 Counties Served
Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Todd, Traverse, Wadena, Wilkin
Barnes, Cass, Dickey, Lamoure, Logan, McIntosh, Ransom, Richland, Sargent, Stutsman