Ten reasons to Just Add Water
Our bodies use water in every one of it’s cells. The simple act of breathing depletes the body of much needed water. Water is a game-changer. Here are 10 reasons why:
- Helps to maintain our body temperature. When you are too hot, the Hypothalamus regulates our body temperature by sending a signal to your sweat glands to make you sweat, cooling you off. Water helps to ensure the Hypothalamus works properly by providing ability to re-hydrate.
- Helps to prevent migraines. One cause of migraines is dehydration.
- Helps us to digest our food. Not only does water help to digest our food, but it can help to increase our metabolism which leads us to number 4.
- Helps us lose weight. Water has zero calories and helps to act as an appetite suppressant. It also helps the body to get rid of toxins. Which leads us to number 5.
- Helps to regulate your bowls. Hanging on to all that @#%* is not good for anyone.
- Helps to keep our skin looking young. Being hydrated allows our skin to remain elastic and looking young.
- Helps boost our brains. Drink water right away in the morning on an empty stomach and you will notice a difference.
- It is cheap. It is really sad that there are places where clean, safe drinking water is not readily available. Take advantage that you are not in one of those places.
- Helps to prevent urinary tract infections. The older you get, the more likely you are to get these. And trust me, they are not fun.
- Helps to reduce joint pain. Staying hydrated can help your joints maintain their ability to absorb shock.