Giving Hearts Day
February 9, 2017
19% of Americans, nearly 1 in 5, live with some form of disability.
Many struggle to remain independent.
- What’s Wrong Wednesday: Uber, Lyft And Via Sue To Block Wheelchair-Accessibility
- Motivational Monday: Where are you on the Accountability Spectrum?
- Freedom Friday: Willing and Able – Workers with Disabilities Prove to Be Assets to Labor Market
- What’s Wrong Wednesday: Disability Is Not An Inconvenience
- Motivational Monday: Working With Strong Emotions
People with disabilities are often faced with difficult, seemingly insurmountable, barriers to being able to live, work, and participate in their communities. Lack of services, inadequate transportation and housing, and few job opportunities are pervasive problems. It doesn’t have to stay that way. Freedom is working hard to make sure people with disabilities, thousands in our 21-county area, live more independently in the community of their choice.
You can help make a difference! Freedom is far from having the resources to serve everyone who needs us. We are asking for your help to create a #zerobarriers society. Your donation, in whatever amount, will help us provide valuable Independent Living services so that barriers are broken down, people have the skills and information they need, and we build a more just and fair society for all people with disabilities.
Thank you for your time and attention!