Giving Hearts Day
February 9, 2017
19% of Americans, nearly 1 in 5, live with some form of disability.
Many struggle to remain independent.
- Motivational Monday: I am inspiring, but not because of my disability
- What’s Wrong Wednesday: Do you know why you shouldn’t park in the lines?
- What’s Wrong Wednesday: Snow Removal and the ADA-Americans with Disabilities Act
- What’s Right Wednesday: Team works with West Acres for accessible parking
- Motivational monday: Accessible playgrounds mean more than access
People with disabilities are often faced with difficult, seemingly insurmountable, barriers to being able to live, work, and participate in their communities. Lack of services, inadequate transportation and housing, and few job opportunities are pervasive problems. It doesn’t have to stay that way. Freedom is working hard to make sure people with disabilities, thousands in our 21-county area, live more independently in the community of their choice.
You can help make a difference! Freedom is far from having the resources to serve everyone who needs us. We are asking for your help to create a #zerobarriers society. Your donation, in whatever amount, will help us provide valuable Independent Living services so that barriers are broken down, people have the skills and information they need, and we build a more just and fair society for all people with disabilities.
Thank you for your time and attention!